A chic boho wedding in a Castle in the romantic Umbria region...
10 reasons to have a destination wedding in Greece
On the hunt for the ideal destination wedding spot in Greece? Look no further than a sun-kissed Greek island as Santorini, Mykonos, Crete or a really picturesque seaside spot as Athenian Riviera, so the seaside part of Athens, Greece. There are lots of things to consider when choosing a venue for your destination wedding in Greece and finding a location that is both magical and practical can be tricky, but when one place has it all, it's not a difficult choice to make. If you want a stunning destination a wedding in Mykonos is the location for you!
Here are the top 10 reasons why you and your spouse-to-be will be thankful for tying the knot in Greece.
1. Wedding & Honeymoon 2-in-1. The second day of your wedding won’t be packing time – it will be the first day of your unique honeymoon! Greece is the birthplace of Eros, the son of Aphrodite, the god of love that with his quiver and arrows has inspired innumerous artists and writers to praise the virtues of love. The beauty and diversity of the Greek landscape forms the most romantic backdrop to celebrate your love both with a ceremony and an unforgettable honeymoon. Just take a look at dreamy islands like Santorini and you will totally fall head over heels in love with each and every location. Now wedding planning here sounds like a dream, right?
2. A land of sunshine. Search for your fairy-tale romance in Greece, a country always bathed in sunlight. If you plan your wedding from early spring to late fall, you will certainly experience the splendor of the mild Mediterranean climate, leaving with the impression that Greece is a paradise with pleasantly high temperatures and a light, welcome breeze.
3. Dreamy accommodation. You can organize your wedding anywhere you wish, from a luxurious hotel on an idyllic beach to a picturesque castle in a quaint village. There is a wide variety of lodgings all over the country, ranging from sumptuous private villas to cozy little bungalows, offering superior services and facilities. With more than 2000 event venues all over Greece, we will simplify all the stress of finding the right venue to accommodate your wedding; a venue with easy access for everyone, offering high-quality services and reliability to handle a destination wedding with guests coming from abroad.
4. A taste of heaven. Imagine succulent stuffed vegetables, fresh grilled seafood, crispy traditional pies, and mouthwatering desserts! Top off the festive celebration with the delicious traditional Greek wine, and you will understand why the cuisine of this country is famous all over the world.
5. Lavish hospitality. Here you will find some of the friendliest people you’ve ever encountered. Most Greek people will want to wine and dine you till the sun comes up, helping you with the wedding details, telling you stories and cracking you up with jokes. Pretty sweet, huh?
6. A super affordable option. Everyone knows that weddings are a logistical nightmare, but a Greek destination wedding is a really affordable option. Plus, you really won’t have to spend much on the décor since the most popular, naturally stunning locations, such as beaches and vineyards, guarantee that Mother Nature will do most of the work. Keep also in mind that the right knows how to get the best value for your money, so even if you have a certain budget you are still going to get a spectacular day.
7. Unforgettable memories. Your wedding will certainly be the wedding of the year! Nothing beats a wedding weekend in paradise where your friends and family can enjoy not only an epic wedding, but an amazing vacation too. When it comes to destination weddings, a wedding in Greece is exactly what you need for moments that will linger in your memory.
8. The legal stuff is actually pretty simple. Here it is easy for couples from overseas to tie the knot. For example, there is usually no residency period once you’ve submitted the legal paperwork. Thanks to our experience as wedding planners in Greece we know everything about the laws concerning wedding & marriage and we will make sure that when it’s time to exchange your vows, everything will be legal. So let us worry about the unpleasant bureaucracy, while you can let your hair down and get ready for your special day!
9. Iconic wedding transportation & decoration. Experience the ultimate fairy-tale touch in a horse-drawn carriage. Or follow the Greek tradition and let a donkey take you to the church! Vintage cars can add a touch of class or glamour. Here, a limo isn't your only option - there are lots of hot choices for your wedding wheels! And what about the décor, specific themes and extraordinary settings? Just discuss your wedding vision with our wedding experts in decoration and organization and we will work hard just for you and your loved one. Your imagination is the only limit.
10. Total relaxation. Weddings can be a stressful time, but the relaxed atmosphere in Greece will not leave you unaffected, and sooner or later you will start enjoying every single moment. Just let us handle the stressful organization and enjoy the famous Greek lifestyle! We are here to help you organize the best wedding photogarpher in Greece Eleni Dona for her superior wedding photos www.elenidona.com with fully customized packages. Credits to
On the hunt for the ideal destination wedding in Greece? Look no further than a sun-kissed Greek island or a really pict...
Berlin-based Sarah Linow is the biggest wedding planning agency in town. Her services also cover Brandenburg and stretch as far afield as the Spanish island of Majorca.