This might be a task that sounds simple enough, but with so many metals and beautiful designs to choose from, you’ll soon be faced with a tough decision.
Choosing your wedding ring should take as much thought and effort as choosing engagement rings; it’s something you’ll be wearing for the rest of your life; so it’s important to make the right choice. Prepare yourself with these five tips:
1) Decide on the perfect look: There’s plenty of choice out there; from diamond rings to plain rings, from platinum to titanium, and you need to decide what would suit you best. Your ring should reflect your personality, so if you want to show off with a bit of sparkle; choose one with plenty of diamonds. If you’re more traditional, try a plainer ring with maybe just one or two small diamonds.
2) Set a budget: Traditionally, couples tend to spend a month’s wages on their wedding bands, but as long as you’re happy with them, you can spend as much or as little as you like. Once you’ve decided on a style or design, research the market and see how much you can expect to pay.
3) Don’t throw away your money: Weddings are expensive enough as it is, and many couples save for a long time before the big day. With this in mind, don’t overspend on your rings if you’ll be cutting into the budget for the actual day. You need to decide what’s more important to you; a great venue, or a great ring. With so much choice out there, there are rings to suit every budget; you just need to do your research.
4) Remember it’s forever: Wedding rings are like eternity rings; they symbolise forever and that’s how long you’ll be wearing it, so choose wisely. It’s easy to be lured in by the latest fashion, and choose a colour or diamond shape which is current; but you must remember that you’re choosing something to wear for the rest of your life, and it may not always match what you’re wearing, or even your skin-tone.
5) Enjoy it: Above all, choosing your wedding rings should be a memorable experience, and should be an extension of the big day. As long as you’ve done your research and you’re in no rush, the day should go smoothly and you should emerge from the jewellers happy and content. Make a day out of it; book a nice lunch or go for a romantic drink together.
Following these tips should ensure that buying your wedding rings is enjoyable as possible, and you pick something which is timeless and a reflection of who you are as a couple. Considering you do your research, you’ll be looking down at your ring on the big day knowing that every decision you’ve made has been the right one.Top 5 Tips On Choosing Your Wedding Ring