The castle mixes contemporary modern luxury within a traditional setting. Built in 1852, Carlowrie is privately owned by Andrew Marshall. His family are one of only 2 families to have lived in the Castle and have been privileged to call it their home.
Today it is one of Edinburgh’s most unique venues. We are just under 10 minutes from Edinburgh International Airport, 20 minutes from the Edinburgh city centre and an hour from Glasgow airport.
Bespoke and unique
Weddings at Carlowrie Castle, even if we say so ourselves are unique. We will ensure your experience with us is memorable from a piper to greet you on arrival, romantic backdrops, fine dining menus from our award-winning Chef, champagne and canape receptions, ceilidhs, fireworks and more. In fact everything is possible at Carlowrie - your wedding is only limited by your imagination
Carlowrie Castle offers
Flexible Ground Floor rooms which are the perfect setting for eve of wedding family dinner or pre-wedding gathering.
- 3 stunning reception rooms including the Piano Room with baby grand, Marble Room and Library Bar.
- The Orangery seats 100 guests with a top table or 110 guests on round tables of 10.
- For evening receptions, the Castle accommodates up to 200 guests across the ground floor spaces and 150 guests in The Orangery.
- For larger numbers, The Orangery can be adjoined by a marquee for up to 450 guests.
- We are fully licensed for Wedding Ceremonies.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout for you and your guests to share your special moments.
The 9 spacious bedrooms housed within the Castle accommodate up to 18 guests. All have luxury en-suite Italian marble bathrooms, several with copper or nickel roll top baths, walk in drench showers and views of the breath-taking grounds;
- 2 Castle Doubles – Rhind & Christian.
- 3 Deluxe Castle Rooms (King) - Moncur, Smith & Hutchinson.
- Marshall and Oliver our Luxury Castle Room (King). Marshall is used as the Bridal Suite.
- Carlowrie Suite is our ground floor apartment with private entrance and walled garden, 2 double (or twin) bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and lounge.
32 acres of Castle grounds with manicured gardens and woodland walks, extensive private parking, tennis court and helicopter landing position.
Castle Residential Exclusive Use
Exclusive use of Carlowrie Castle includes: use of our stunning walled gardens and tennis court, all 9 bedrooms sleeping up to 18 guests, luxury continental breakfast for resident guests and use of all ground floor rooms.
- The bride and bridal party have access from noon on the day of arrival to Carlowrie or Marshall.
- Castle access for guests is from 14.00hrs on day of arrival until departure the following day at 10.30hrs
- We have 3 further double bedrooms and 2 children’s rooms available in our Gate Lodge that you can choose to offer to your guests at a special rate. However if you do not require these rooms they may be offered to other guests, who will not have the use of the castle or grounds. Gate Lodge rooms and special rates will be held for 14 days from your initial booking.
Your wedding will include the following:
- 110 banqueting chairs, 11 x 5ft round tables, 6 trestle tables and ceremony table.
- All standard table linen, glassware, crockery and cutlery, cake stand, cake knife and table.
- Ceremony set up including aisle runner, 2 bay trees and hurricane vases with candles.
- Use of our baby grand piano.
- Sonos system throughout for your own playlists.
- PA System for speeches.
- Table plan easel.