Seamless wedding planning, attention to detail, and signature touches make Flutterfly Events every discerning bride’s first choice. From pre-planning ideas and chic, stylish designs we help every unique couple create a picture-perfect day. We asked Erika Unbehaun from FlutterFly Events for some top tips for all you brides planning your wedding day.
You may also like
- 1. Get a DJ to play when the live band is taking a break. This keeps the momentum on the dance-floor
- 2. Have a member of the wedding party check the weather forecast and traffic reports before heading to the ceremony venue. Use your backup plans if necessary
- 3. Consider using long rectangle tables during dinner to encourage a more intimate atmosphere.
- 4. Have your florist make up a centrepiece for you to bring to the food tasting. This will help you get a good feel for the overall table design.
- 5. Always book your registrar, minister, rabbi, or other officiants before signing a contract with your reception venue
- 6. Many historic venues have elaborate colour schemes so you’ll want to plan your wedding colours around the venue to ensure there aren’t any clashes
- 7. Provide your guests with a map and written directions to your venue to ensure a prompt start to your wedding day
- 8. Hire up-lighters to add dimension and atmosphere to your event. Have your planner or bridesmaid change the gels throughout the evening.
- 9. Don’t want flowers? Fruit centrepieces are stylish and chic. Fill up a cylinder vase full of lemons or limes for an eye-popping arrangement.
- 10. Have your wedding cake as the third course. This will not only save you money, but your guests will actually eat it as it’s not being served after another dessert. Just remember to give the caterers at least 20 minutes to cut the cake. I recommend cutting the cake as you first walk into the dining room before the starter course, or at the end of the cocktail reception.
- flutterflyevents.com Erika Unbehaun FlutterFly Events