Top Tips To Get Wedding Day Ready: Planning for a wedding can be fun and exciting but often stressful at times too, from booking your dream wedding venue to finding that perfect dress and fitting into it! If you’ve vowed to lose a few pounds for your big day then one simple ‘must do’ before you say ‘I do’ is to follow the Dukan Diet, created by Dr Pierre Dukan.
Support one another by starting the Dukan Diet’s famous four-stage plan together! Ideal for brides and grooms-to, the Dukan Diet is a high-protein, low-carb, and low-fat easy to follow weight loss plan.With an “eat as much as you want” promise the Dukan Diet is geared towards a successful outcome, which is fordieters to reach their target true weight and then achieve long-term, stable weight control. So even after your wedding day when you’re on your honeymoon and temped with endless flutes of Champagne and indulgent treats, you can keep your wedding weigh-loss plan on track by following the diet’s simple rules.
The weight loss regime has four phases, which have been developed to aid quick but sustainable weight loss, two to lose weight and two to maintain the weight:
Phase 1: A brief ATTACK Phase of between two and seven days kick starts the diet and gives immediate results. There are 72 protein-rich foods, which you can eat as much as you want of during this stage.
Phase 2: A CRUISE phase that continues uninterrupteduntil the true weight is reached. Dieters alternate pure protein days with protein and vegetable days to reach their target weight with an average weight loss of 2lbs per week. Here you can add 28 vegetables to your diet, again you can eat as much as you want.
Phase 3: A ATION phase lasting five days for every pound lost. This phase is designed to reintroduce dieters to the ‘pleasure’ of food whilst prevent the rebound effect that occurs after any rapid form of weight loss. You can add cheese, bread, fruits, starchy food and ‘Celebration’ meals.
Phase 4: A STABILISATION phase based on three simpleprinciples to counter-act any mild weight gain:
Eat 3 tablespoons of Dukan Oat Bran per day
Regular exercise (min 20 mins walk per day)
Have a Pure Protein Attack day once a week.
Try out this tasty menu plan to kick off the first day of the diet:
Day 1: Attack, Pure Protein
Breakfast: Dukan Oat Bran pancake.
Serves 1 prep 20mins cook:15mins
1 and a half tbsps Dukan Oat Bran
1 egg white
1 tbsp quark
1 tbsp virtually fat-free fromage frais
· Mix the Dukan Oat Bran, quark and fromage frais together until smooth. Stiffly beat the egg whites and work in. · Pour the mixture into a warm non-stick frying pan, greased with a few drops of oil. Cook on a medium heat for 2-3 mins on each side. · Delicious plain, or for a savoury taste add 175g of flaked tuna or smoked salmon, herbs and seasoning to the beaten egg whites, or for a sweet flavour add Dukan almondextract.
Lunch: Satay chicken
Serves : 2 prep: 10 min cook : 1 hour(can be done the day before)
6 skinless chicken drumsticks and 6 skinless chicken thighs
zest and juice 1 lemon
2 blades lemongrass, very roughly chopped
2 thumb-size chunks of ginger, very roughly chopped
3 garlic cloves
2 drops of Dukan peanut flavouring according to taste
1Ž2 tsp of turmeric and ground cumin
160ml low fat buttermilk
1 or two drops of Dukan coconut flavouring according to taste
20g pack coriander, plus extra to serve
Dukan red onion chutney to serve
· Slash several deep cuts into each drumstick and thigh and then put into a large, non-metallic container.
· Add the lime zest and juice, lemongrass, ginger, garlic, Dukan peanut flavouring, spices, buttermilk, Dukan coconut flavouring and 1 tsp salt into a food processor, then whizz until smooth.
· Roughly chop the coriander leaves and finely chop the stalks, then add to the mix. Pour the marinade over the chicken, massage it into the meat with your hands, then leave to chill for one hour.
· Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Line 1-2 large baking trays and spread out the chicken skin-side up
· Roast for 1 hr, or until the chicken is cooked through and the coating golden and slightly charred in places.
· Remove skin before eating and scatter with a few more coriander leaves to serve
1. Add the onion in a saucepan and cook them in a little bit of water for a few minutes.
2. Add the sweetener, stir well and let it cook for about 10 minutes, until the onions caramelized.
3. Add the vinegar, salt and pepper according to taste (it has to be quite sweet) stir and let it cook for more 5 minutes. Serve it cold. Can be kept in the fridge for three days.
Dinner: Beef with Thai red curry and Dukan Konjac Shirataki
Preparation : 15 minutes – Cooking time : 25 minutes Serves : 2 people – Phase : Cruise
150 ml of skimmed milk
a few drops of Dukan Coconut flavouring
1 Tbs of red curry paste
500gr Of beef
1 Tbs Of powdered sweetener
2 Tbs Of salty soy sauce
2 Tbs Of coriander leaves
1 Tbs Of chopped lemongrass
2 Tbs Of chopped fresh basil
2 packs of Dukan Konjac Shiratake
· Heat the milk with the coconut essence in a wok and add the red curry paste. · Cut the meat into thin slices and put it in the wok. Mix well and cook gently for 10 minutes. · Add the powdered sweetener, soy sauce and a little water to cover the meat. · Cook gently for 10 minutes. · Sprinkle with chopped herbs and serve straight away. Serve with someDukan Shirataki Noodles
A diet without sweet treats may be impossible for sweet tooth lovers to follow – so here’s a high protein dessert to enjoy too!
· Heat 500ml of water, the skimmed milk & sweetener over a low heat until the sweetener has dissolved thenbring to a boiling point. · Remove from heat and let the mixture cool. · Once cool, stir the zest & lemon juice into the sugar syrup & pour into a freezer proof mold and freeze for 1 hour. When ready to serve, dip the mold into some hot water to loosen and remove the mold. · Place the sorbet into a blender and pulse to obtain a crystallised texture. · Divide the sorbet into 4 small glasses and serve immediately.
For more information on the diet or to create your free personal weight-loss plan please visit dukandiet.co.uk Dukan