Rustic Oxfordshire Wedding – Today we have a wonderful real rustic wedding sent in by Source Images Photography of their bride and groom Claire & Matthew.
A bit about the couple: We live in Oxford. I am 29, a Programme Manager at environmental charity, Earthwatch. Matt is 29 and a Lecturer in Politics at Oxford and Reading University. We got married on our 7th anniversary as a couple but we’ve known each other since we were teenagers. Matt was a friend of my sister’s, gradually
I got to know that group of friends and eventually we got together. Our wedding day was amazing – we were engaged for 2 and a half years so there was a lot of build up! We were supposed to get married outside but the weather meant we had to move inside.
I was a bit disappointed initially but when I walked down the aisle and saw Matt and the flowers and all our guests it was perfect! None of it would have been possible without Jeffrey and Charles at Friars Court who put us in touch with most of our suppliers.
I loved my bouquet it was so beautiful and smelled incredible and I wore my veil almost all day because I didn’t want to take it off! Matt is a massive Beatles fan so we spent the whole evening dancing to a Beatles cover band and a playlist we put together of our favorite songs. Having all of our friends and family there and showing them a good time was really important to us. We couldn’t be happier with our photos – they really capture how special the whole day was!
- Bride & Groom Name : Claire & Matthew Williams
- Venue : Friars Court
- Location: Clanfield, Oxfordshire
- Colour Palate: Peacock – my mum had a peacock design on her wedding dress so it was nice to incorporate it into the day
- Photographer : Source Images
- Wedding Gown : artcouturebridal
- Brides Accessories: Earrings and Bracelet – allaboutromance Shoes – Debenhams, Hair piece justforyoubridal Veil theweddingveilshop
- Hair & Make Up: Hair – Cherie at ccentsalonoxford – Bride did my own make up
- Grooms Outfit: alters-oxford
- Flowers: Jo Wise – they were locally grown specifically for my wedding, in our colour palette, we collected all of the frames and books ourselves
- Cake: cakesbyjuliet made a traditional fruit cake but I decorated it myself with my mum’s pearls and ribbon from VV Rouleaux
- Caterer: sadlerscatering
- Favours: anandprakash.in brass peacock bookmarks from India