With Spring just around the corner (please be true!), Charlotte Ricard, Founder and Creative Director of luxury wedding and events planning company La Fête gives her predictions for the top spring 2018 wedding trends we’ll all be seeing in the months ahead.
1. Bright colours are the key this year, especially when you can play around with an entire palette to give the arrangements and décor elements depth and texture. Pink is always a favourite as it can easily be mixed with nearly every other colour, especially with metallics that are so hot right now.
2. Vintage and bohemian are still on trend, but play with these by combining them with quirkier or modern elements. The blend of these styles will attract more attention and make a great impact.
3. Décor details are key to every single wedding. 2018 will see the arrival of the statement décor element too – this can be a huge floral arrangement, giant balloons, animals, statues or a combination. Make sure to tie these into the rest of your décor with a hint of colour coordination from your theme.
4. Edible details are the ultimate must-have for 2018 Spring weddings. These days you can make nearly anything from cake and have bespoke sweets, lollipops and biscuits personalised. Whether these have your initials, pictures of your pets, your names or are just in your colour scheme, make sure to include these on your big day. Everyone will remember them, and smaller sweets make great favours.
5. Brides are loving loose, ethereal plaits this year and they can look absolutely stuning. Include some flower buds for an effortless, Spring-fresh look.
You may also like
6. Children at weddings often wear the same old outfits, so this year mix it up and remember that kids LOVE to dress up, so play on that! There are plenty of elegant old school dress up styles that can work for your wedding. Your fabulous little people will be beaming.
7. More and more brides are including their dogs on their big day and why not? Allow them to enjoy your wedding day just as much as your other guests.
8. Be brave with your flowers and include fun elements such as feathers into your arrangements and bouquet. Make it unique to you and dare to be different.
9. Photography has become more important than ever and the fine line between staged and natural is now the trendiest image to capture. If you want that Instagram-worthy shot, make sure to give yourself enough opportunities to get it. Smoke bombs, sparklers and confetti cannons are great options.
About La Fete: Bespoke event planner La Fête offers once in a lifetime experiences, priding themselves on very high standards, meticulous attention to detail, seamless efficiency and natural discretion. The multi-lingual team arrange events and special occasions all over the world for their clients.
Styling – La Fête / Photography – Roberta Facchini Photography / Flowers – Ricky Paul Flowers / Hair & Make-up – Bumblebee Bridal / Dress – Ruth Milliam Bridal Couture / Flower girl outfits – Little Bevan / Balloons – Bubblegum Balloons / Floral dog collars – Cupid Collars / Furniture – Vintage Style Hire / Photo Booth – The Boho Booth