When we heard the story of wedding planner turned bride herself, Serena Jordan of Sheene Mill, we just had to share it with you!
Together for nine years, Adam and Serena run Sheene Mill, a beautiful venue in Cambridgeshire and, of course, the perfect location for their own wedding.
For a perfect wedding, it’s the little extras that make the day. Before the ceremony had even begun, the couple arranged surprises for each other. The groom ordered a surprise horse and carriage ride, and the bride organised a fun helicopter ride for the groom and his groomsmen – a lovely touch.
Serena and her mum had very different ideas about the perfect style of dress. A compromise was agreed on and this gorgeous Caroline Castigliano creation was chosen. With a fitted bodice and elegant ballgown skirt, the dress accented the bride’s figure perfectly.
The bride chose a lace coverup for the ceremony, and a full length veil completed the look, with beautiful scalloped lace edging and sparkling embellishment.
The hair and make up
The bride’s hair and makeup was stunning – with natural tones and shades of pink, make up artist Jane Iredale ensured a blushing bride, and Serena’s hair was elegantly piled in pretty curls, giving a chance for her to let her hair down later!
The gorgeous floral creations complimented the chosen colour palette, providing pretty pastel pops of colour along with bursts of dark red roses. The ceremony was held outside, so the couple let the surrounding natural beauty shine. The bride glided down a petal lined aisle to a picturesque gazebo over a tranquil lake, where the ceremony took place.
The beautiful cake by Nadia at Pretty Tasty was five tiers of perfection. Set off by a gold leaf tier the creation had a soft lace and pearl design with cascading sugar flowers – so intricate, they looked like the real thing!
The wedding breakfast
The couple and their family and friends enjoyed a gorgeous five course wedding breakfast including lobster, Wagyu beef and a beautiful chocolate dessert. Candelabras and flowers lined every windowsill and stunning textured linens adorned every table, with chair covers and bows to match. The tables were elegantly decorated with charming little favours for each guest – a personal champagne gold candle engraved with their name to take home and remind them of the special day.
The evening reception
The venue was perfectly dressed by Jen and Raspberry Events with lanterns on the deck, tea light candles hanging from every tree and fire uplighters lighting the way.
A mouth watering sweetie table enticed guests with homemade fudge, chocolates, lollipops, marshmallows, shortbreads and more, displayed in beautiful crystal wear and surrounded by flowers and candles.
Fireworks rounded off the evening of a simply stunning celebration at Sheene Mill.
- Photography: Scotts of Cambridge (Main Photographer) & Phil Lynch
- Venue: Sheene Mill
- Dress: Caroline Castigliano
- Veil & Belt – Caroline Castigliano, London
- Earrings & Necklace – Astley Clarke, London
- Shoes – Jimmy Choo, London
- Wedding rings: James Veal Bespoke
- Bridesmaids’ dresses: Burr Bridal
- Hair: Lisa Waller, Bliss Perfect Brides
- Make-up: Jane Iredale
- Groom’s outfit: Chimney Formal Wear
- Stationery: Kay at Intricate Creations
- Flowers: Alison – Wildwood Floral Events
- Cake: Nadia – Pretty Tasty
- Catering: Sheene Mill
- Venue dresser: Jen – Raspberry Bespoke Events
- Transport: Helicopter for Jordan: Brian Diaf
- Videography: Noelle & her partner
- Entertainment: DJ – Jason Coles, 3D Events
- Band – Rollacoaster
- String Quartet for the Reception Drinks (Day & Evening)
- Ceremony & Meal Music – Singer, Guitar & Sax
- All arranged by Kevin Hall – Fire Elephant
- Ice Sculpture – Funky Ice
- Oyster Meister
- Mirror Photo Booth – email@example.com
- Magician – Lee Smith
- Blossom Tree – Alice, All in one season
- Graffiti Painting Guestbook – Demograffix Graffiti Art